A catalytic combustor for use in heavy or viscous oil production. Specific heavy oil products under development include 8 and 50 MM BTU/hr devices. Downhole steam generator offers substantial energy savings compared to current surface steam generators, delivering the entire BTU content of the fuel (including the higher heating value, and avoiding boiler losses as well as surface distribution and wellbore losses). In addition, the combustion products (CO2 and nitrogen, in addition to water) are injected into the reservoir rather than being released to the atmosphere, and additional CO2 could be added for sequestration purposes. Surface facilities deliver air, fuel and water to the downhole steam generator.
Signup for more Info
- Responsible Business Conduct in Central Asia and South Caucasus
- Latvia to join OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- OECD Forum 2014: Resilient Economies for Inclusive Societies - Inclusive Growth, Jobs, and Trust
- Geographical Distribution of Financial Flows to Developing Countries - 2014 Edition
- Workshop on responsible and conflict-free sourcing in the Turkish gold supply chain